Support for Boycotts, Divestment and Sanctions against Israel [En]
Co-sponsored by the Communist Party of Britain, Communist Party of Canada, Communist Party of Ireland, Lebanese Communist Party, and the South African Communist Party.
We the undersigned parties attending the 17th Meeting of Communist & Workers’ Parties (Istanbul, October 30 - November 1, 2015) agree to support and actively promote the international movement for boycotts, disinvestment and sanctions against Israel until such time as it ceases its violations of the basic human rights of the Palestinian people.
Palestinians have suffered for generations in camps and Israeli prisons, facing torture and death, and Israeli bombings of their schools and homes. Today they are being walled off from the water in their deep aquifers, from access to Jerusalem, from fishing and farming. Gaza is treated as a prison by the Israelis and the rest of Palestine is colonized, and partitioned into townships.
This campaign - which includes consumer boycotts of Israeli goods and services, divestment, and economic sanctions against Israel - is a non-violent form of political action that has had effect in the past (for example against Apartheid South Africa) and is beginning to show its effect on the Israeli economy.
The naming of an Israeli Cabinet Minister to an anti-BDS portfolio indicates that the Zionist Netanyahu government is fearful that this movement will grow. The active involvement of our parties in this campaign can contribute to international coordination and help build the broad front in solidarity with the Palestinian people in their struggles for justice and self-determination.
List of Endorsing IMCWP Parties
10. Communist Party of Cuba
11. Communist Party in Denmark
12. Communist Party of Denmark
13. Communist Party of Finland
14. French Communist Party
15. Communist Party of Macedonia
16. Unified Communist Party of Georgia
17. Hungarian Workers’ Party
18. Communist Party of India
19. Communist Party of India (Marxist)
20. Tudeh Party of Iran
21. Iraqi Communist Party
22. Communist Party of Kurdistan-Iraq
23. Workers’ Party of Ireland
24. Communist Party of Kazakhstan
25. Lebanese Communist Party
26. Socialist Peoples’ Front (Lithuania)
27. Communist Party of Malta
28. Communist Party of Mexico
29. Communist Party of Norway
30. Palestinian Communist Party
31. Communist Party of the Russian Federation
32. Russian Communist Workers’ Party
33. Communist Party of the Soviet Union
34. Communists of Serbia
35. South African Communist Party
36. Communist Party of Spain
37. Communist Party of the Peoples of Spain
38. Communist Party of Sri Lanka
39. Sudanese Communist Party
40. Communist Party of Sweden
41. Syrian Communist Party
42. Communist Party, Turkey
Other SolidNet Parties